Logic Artists is looking for an experienced and diligent animator to join our creative team in Copenhagen. As our Lead Animator, you will be responsible for all parts of the animation process on our highly anticipated turn-based roleplaying games, from participating in establishing art direction to solving the technical challenges of implementing animation in AAA engines. You will also be responsible for supporting and managing external teams, particularly in preparing mocap materials.
● Producing 3D animation, including both handcrafting and cleaning up mocap.
● Closely collaborating with artists, programmers, designers, and other development team members to proactively solve or prevent problems.
● Participating in the design of our games from concept to completion.
● Understanding animation pipelines and the processes involved in every step.
● Preparation of keyframe animation assets and motion capture materials.
● Taking part in mocap shoots when necessary.
● 3+ years in a similar role.
● Minimum 1 shipped PC or console title.
● Thorough knowledge of Maya.
● Proven understanding of the technical limitations and pipelines in game development.
● Experience working with mocap, including setting up, acting, and animation cleanup.
● Positive and constructive attitude.
● Self-motivated and with a high standard of quality.
● Good communication skills and fluent or business level English - written and spoken.
● Ability to work well under pressure and to handle multiple tasks.
● Willingness to take responsibility and be part of a highly collaborative team environment.
● Ability to easily adapt to changing needs and requirements.
● Ability to prioritise, plan, organise work, manage your own time, and meet deadlines.
● Thrive in an informal, creative environment of highly motivated people.
● Passion for computer games.
● Sense of humour.
● Working knowledge of other related software, eg. MotionBuilder or Houdini.
● Knowledge of cinematography and photography.
● Experience directing motion capture performers and voice-over artists.
● Knowledge of 2D animation and UI animation.
● Knowledge and love of role playing games.